Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tex Mex and Movies

My family got here last night about 7pm. We just sat around last night and talked before retiring. Today we went to Eckert's, which is a Farmer's market not to be confused with Eckerd's the drug store. We bought all the fixing for guacamole and salsa to go with the soft tacos for dinner.

The salsa is actually a recipe I got from one of my girlfriend. She is my little Latina from Hawaii so all her food is awesome & unique. I made extra to add to a pot of beans to turn it into bean soup. So we had ourselves a little Tex Mex spread with all the fixings. After dinner we sat down to watch "Primeval" & "Ghost Rider". I had already seen both movies but I enjoy them & I like to share my little cinema gems with others. I really have fun watching other's reactions during the good parts!

Speaking of films I watched "Dead Silence" on Thursday afternoon. I have mixed feeling about it. I think that they could have done more with what was an excellent idea. It started out great and kind of slowed down, then went BAM! like Emeril. I have to say I did not see the conclusion that they were building up to until about 2 seconds before it hit.

Puppets are one of the few things that bother me so it was already going to do a little bit of damage to my psyche.
Tomorrow we are talking about watching "The Mummy" which of course has to be followed by "The Mummy Returns". Are you starting to get that I am a really big fan of movies? Yea, just a bit. Well I am off to bed. I have to get up to make breakfast for my crew in the morning. I am sure Rory will get me up early. He is so excited to have so many people devoted to him. We don't spoil him though :0)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice little fiesta! Be sure and use the left over salsa in your eggs tomorrow morning. Add some cheese and some tostadas, and you'll have Migas! Then you will feel like your Tex-Mex moment is complete.

    Buenos Noches,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete