Monday, July 2, 2007

Termites and Teeth ruin my day

Before we bought our house we had it inspected. The man was very thorough and told us what would need to be fixed now and what could wait. One of the more immediate problems was termites. Seems they are a big problem in this area. I was unfamiliar with them before moving here. Our realtor brokered a deal to have the house treated before purchase. Now a year later I noticed some termites and figured they had come back. Turns out they never left. The Orkin man says whoever did the job last year more or less pretended. So now we have a major infestation that has done real damage. Well crap. There go my new cabinets. Sears was supposed to come and install these gorgeous cabinets with European hinges in Autumn Flame. Seeing as how my husband is owned by Uncle Sam we do not make enough dinero to afford a minor kitchen remodel and termite eradication. Bye-bye cabinets. *Sniffle*

More "good" news. I went to the dentist today for my 6 month cleaning and also for him to check out the abscess that the Oral Surgeon found. I think I got it when they extracted my wisdom teeth. Something to do with a filling that got infected when the socket from my extraction did. So now I need a root canal. Yippee Skippy. I am really rocking out today!

Aunt B and Grandma are heading out tomorrow morning for Texas. It has been a good visit. Yesterday we watched the entire Mummy franchise complete with The Rock prequel. I am going to miss my family but I look forward to life going back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. Next time you got o Texas, detour a couple hours and visit my mom. She loves the whole Mummy run of movies and watches it at least once a month I believe. Boo to root canals.
    And you need to read The Gaia Project. It is bizarre adn I'm only a few pages into it. i'm trying to convince my mom to buy a copy so I'll have someone to laugh/discuss with. Definitely um, interesting material. Multi-dimensional religious theory. Yeah. Really.

    ReplyDelete