Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Politicking people off

I have been asked why I rarely if ever write about politics or current events. The simplest answer is because you probably will not like what I have to say. I adore my friends who come in wide range of cultural and religious diversity. I am a lover not a fighter but I am also a conservative republican. I can hear the gasping now. My father was the republican county chairman for our hometown for several years. Politics were a big part of his life and I was toted from rally to convention. No I am not going to follow the party where ever she may roam but I do agree with the GOP most of the time. Wait until the next presidential election. That is the only time I cannot remain mum.


See the biggest problem is that I do enjoy hashing out politics, religion, economy, etc and the more opposite we are the better. I do not feel the need to change anyones views and I like to hear the reasons why others have their beliefs. A person who is strong in their convictions and can tell you why is a rare find and should be treasured. I do not get angry even if the discussion turns heated but that is not always the case with the other side. I just do not want to be left standing alone wondering "Was it something I said?"


If you want to chat it up with me then I am game. Lets debate! I won't change you, you won't change me & in the end we will know more about one another. It is all in good fun.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. I also enjoy a good political debate. It's our greatest freedom. However, I have little respect for one that has strong convictions but does not know why.

    Unfortunately there is often a fine line between ones convictions and their ignorance.

    Read what you can about issues, visit both viewpoints, and then stand your ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get confrused with politiks.So I just sit back and watch the big boyz go at it. You gunna tell me which one's the goodun' to vote fer next year?

    ReplyDelete