Saturday, June 9, 2007

Like yin and yang

I am a planner. Not necessarily a doer, but I make list after list and always want to be ahead of the game.
I had a cheerleading coach that actually used to call me "what comes next".
I have all of my Christmas shopping done by October every year.
I will be early at my funeral.
We are leaving on Tuesday morning for Texas. It is about a ten hour drive. I want to be out of here before the roosters are awake. To help accomplish this I have started to pack all of our needed items three days early. We have a travel trailer so I never have to hear the words "pack light" from the hubby.
Heck I am bringing a portable crib and two stand fans with me! Don't you wish we could be your house guests? Well except for a few things that are in the laundry I have the clothing situation done. Or I did before J informed me that he had to have his khaki shorts for this weekend. They were of course buried at the bottom of the suitcase. "You can wash them on Monday and repack them." he says.
Monday I had planned on cleaning my house from rook to floor boards so that I could return to a spotless house. Add one pitifully small load of laundry. I know my husband. He is going to wait until around seven Monday night and then want to pack everything last minute. No matter how we try I swear we always end up on opposing sides.
But if it was not for him I would be living four days into the future and totally oblivious to the world around me. Without me he would starve and run around naked. We balance each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment