Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Southern Comfort

Well we arrived in one piece. Rory did excellent on the drive down. Texas is so hot. Dear me but I am so stinkin' miserable over the heat. The farther south you travel the closer to hell you get. I expect the sun to be right over my shoulder, you can just feel the rays beating you into the sidewalk. Besides the heat there were other signs that we had arrived in the south. One of them was the music. About 58 miles from Texarkana we stopped for gas and I needed a potty break. The music in the restroom was some guy singing about how his tractor was his best gal. Yep, I am home. I have to say the greatest thing about being back has been the food. Mexican food just does not make it in the Midwest. I have gorged on chips, salsa, chili con queso, fajitas, guacamole, the works! I am in heaven, whoops, I mean Texas...

1 comment:

  1. The closer to Hell? Well, the food only gets better (I miss cajun, we've got plenty of mexican here)so maybe it's not such a bad place after all!

    ReplyDelete