Saturday, June 23, 2007

Nocturnal Habits of the Sleep Deprived.

Rory is supposed to be napping. Again. When we tried earlier he just played in his bed for the whole hour and a half he was back there. I would have left him there to eventually fall asleep since he seemed happy but we had a baby shower to attend. As it was we were already going to be late.
I know that toddlers cut back from two naps to one a day but I think my kid missed the memo. He is sure that he is not supposed to take any naps. This might work better if he slept at night. I think I went into his bedroom twelve times last night. I kept hearing this moaning coming from his room. He was scooted all the way up to the head of the bed and frustrated in his sleep that he could not roll over. I had to turn him like a pot roast. Every time I went in there he was back in the same spot.
J sleeps through the nightly commotion for the most part. He seems to know that I was up a lot but does not really remember any specifics. J sleep walks so even if he appears to be 100% with you it just ain't so. This is the #1 reason why he is not allowed to get up with Rory.

We have had episodes that included sending the cat sailing across the room because J just knew it was some wild animal trying to attack him.

Then there was the time the hamburger stole the car. No joke.

It is really good when he starts talking shop. To me it is all Greek when he is lucid so half unconscious is truly interesting. I think by now you agree with the reasoning behind my nocturnal single parent rule. I just cannot wait to add another kid to the mix so we can us the HOV lane when we drive at 3 A.M.

On a side note a received a compliment today that was really very sweet. Sloan was at the baby shower today and as I was getting my burger (yep we had a baby shower BBQ) she told me she liked my dress.
I said thank you and then she says pointing at my chest, "You always know how to dress them." LOL, good to know! I am glad that I am not one of those women who seem to be unaware that God gifted me with enough chest for about three women. And Sloan says I have a way of saying things, I do not think I could have come up with a better way to say that one! She cracks me up. Tact does not run in my family. I am sure if I had said it then it would have come out something like this, "Your boobs look really nice in that!"

1 comment:

  1. After pregnancy and now nursing i am completely feeling the pain of every woman who is well endowed so to speak. I never realized how difficult it is to dress with a chest like this! Who ever thought I would be a double D, what?!?!?!? But clothes shopping has become torture to say the least! So kudos to you for knowing how to dress 'em babe!

    ReplyDelete