Monday, June 11, 2007

Harvey's house party

I started the morning with a mild heart attack. I must say that it got the blood flowing. I was taking the trash out to the bin that is located around the side of the house. That is Harvey's side of the house. (For those of you who are unclear on who Harvey is you can find him here.) Well as I turned the corner I was greeted but a very startled squirrel. Apparently Harvey was having a party. The squirrel ran half way up the nearest tree then stopped to scold me. I have been thoroughly put in my place. This is all very reminiscent of my very first Harvey encounter. At least Harvey had the decency not to yell at me in my own yard.
You people that do not agree with my arachnid eradication program would be proud of me. There is a tiny little spider that insists on building a web right outside my sliding glass door every night. J pointed it out to me. He does these things because he enjoys watching me turn rabid I guess. Boy was he surprised when I told him he could stay. For now. He gets any bigger or tries to cross the door mat and he is toast. I did however condone the moving over of several wood spiders in the front yard. It's all about baby steps.
This will be my last post until after the 18th. I am leaving on my vacation and will not even attempt to use the dial up at my Aunt B's house. I am spoiled.

1 comment:

  1. Nope, not going to work. I have to have my daily dose of sarcastic humor. It's not fair! A whole week?! Aww.

    ReplyDelete