Monday, July 30, 2007

More than one in mine...

There's one in every family

J and I are a strange couple. Anyone who knows us will tell you that. Our pet names are best kept between us since they might insult other people. We enjoy heated arguments but if you accuse us of fighting we will look at you like you sprouted a third eye. Us fight? We never fight.
We are what happens when two oddballs get together.

Recently it became painfully obvious that one of those oddities is going to warp our son. In the living room we have no couch, just a pair of matching leather recliners. I have my chair, J has hid. No matter they are identical we never sit in the other's personal spot. A night at out house usually finds J playing a video game with me either on the computer or seated next to him reading a book. In between matches against other players online J sometime reaches over to me and does this slap/pat thing to the top of my arm. It does not hurt but it does make a lot of noise. Rory has witnessed this enough that last night he ran over to his daddy and walloped him. J looked over at me sort of stunned and said, "I am going to have to stop hitting you so much."

To the outside world that would send up all sorts of warning bells. Never fear, I am far from abused. If anything I am treated like a queen and slightly worshipped by my man. Yes, it is good to be me. So J decides he wants to remedy this problem he created immediately. He gets his sons attention and proceeds to rub my arm the way you might a favored cat and say, "Nice mommy."
Yes mommy is very nice. Rory runs over and I now have two people rubbing my arm. I told J that while this might work for now we really do not want him thinking it is okay to just rub someone any more than we want him to think it is alright to hit. J said we had to choose between sexual harassment or assault.
We should write a parenting book, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment