Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Not a morning person

Trying to get the view all the dust bunnies have.
I am not a morning person. I will get up with my child but heaven forbid we have an actual appointment somewhere. J is very similar so we avoid contact in the mornings. Rory is a pretty good morning person. He can be easily annoyed for about thirty minutes when he first gets up but throw some food and him an he settles down. All you people that are cheery and Ms. Mary Sunshine before lunch, I throw a curse in your general direction.

The only time I am ever up and ready to meet the world is if there is shopping involved. Not grocery shopping, but real I get to buy frivolities shopping. I could go a lifetime without ever doing grocery shopping again. We had to go to *gulp* Walmart this past weekend to buy food. Oh the torture. Trying to get food that everyone will eat is bad but J is a budget hound and breathes down my neck. Once you factor a toddler into the mix it really starts to get interesting. J and I have this long standing argument about the baskets. J will let Rory sit or stand in the back while I am pulling my hair out screaming "He is going to fall out!"

This might not be so important to me if it had not recently happened to a friend of mine. Listening to her describe the event is enough to make any parent strap their child down. You will never forget the sound of your baby's head hitting concrete floor. *Shiver*
I think I may have finally won the battle on Saturday. I refused to talk to J as long as Rory was in the back of the basket. Most men might relish having a wife that won't speak when angry. J will tell them that they have never received the cold shoulder from me.

I did do the shopping by myself once recently was witness to the most horrific scene of a child in need of a good butt busting. So now you know I am pro "spare the rod, spoil the child".
I do not think a child should be spanked unless they are doing something to endanger themselves i.e. running out into the road, or they are just being little demons.
This child was a demon. He wanted out of the basket. I know this because he was screaming it loud enough in an octave that would have made Pavarotti proud. His mother was pushing the cart while trying to ward of blows from her kid and then he tried to choke her. I am serious. This women did not even blink. She just kept going like this happens everyday. I tried to avoid the same aisles to the point that I was admiring every roll of toilet paper just to give her time to get ahead of me.

Speaking of bad children I do believe my son is trying to disassemble daddies electronics. I would let him but I am afraid he might get electrocuted. Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment