Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bad humor

Rory is enjoying his breakfast so I thought now would be a good time to do the posting. He is in a good mood which is surprising since he did a lovely face plant on the brick hearth last night. Thankfully I have those foamy things on the edges of we would have had to go get stitches. He is sporting a nice little bruise on his cheek.

I signed up for this new feature called Box-O-Books at PaperbackSwap.com. It is a program where I send several titles to a member in return for the same number of titles. The only thing that makes this any different from the normal swap is that we do not have to use the credits. I know that probably makes very little sense to anyone who is not already familiar with PaperbackSwap.Com but I am excited to just smile and nod.

I got in trouble last night. I was in a little chat room with some out of state friends and someone made a comment about the little girl that got injured on the pool drain. If you are unfamiliar then you can check it out here.
So I said that reading the article makes you pucker up. Well this lead some random guy in the chat to say "Yea, that drain tore her a new one."
Yea I laughed but in my defense I laughed when my husband broke his foot. I call it stress laugh. When you know it is totally inappropriate and wrong but the giggle bubbles up. The worse the stress the harder I laugh. I need counseling. But like Bram Stoker said, "When humor comes knocking who can refuse to answer?"
Several people got mad and left the chat because we were making fun of some poor little girl.
Not really. Some of us just deal better with humor.
I am one of those people. Not that I am going to bust out my stand up routine at a funeral.

The munchkin must be done eating since he is trying to coax the cat with his cracker. Gotta go be a mom now.

1 comment:

  1. "They later found her intestine in the pool..."

    Now that's something youd on't see everyday when you go swimming.

    How horrible for her though. I think laughing at tragedy is a very human way to cope with things. It probably prevents an overload of stress hormones by counteracting them with endorphines. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete