Friday, July 6, 2007

Boredom is brain death

It is a rare and tragic thing when I become bored. As an only child boredom was a definite possibility but my Mother, the genius that she, is trained me to never utter the words "I'm bored." On occasions that I slipped up in front of her I would be put to a task that was truly loathsome. You couldn't take it back either. Once you said it you were toast. Today I am bored. Why do I feel safe saying this online when I still fear saying it aloud? Because my Mother only reads my blog like once a month so by the time she catches this it will be old news. I have to take the Lily to Petco for a haircut.
<------------------ The Lily!
Girlfriend is shedding like crazy all over my house. She generates whole dust bunny communities. Then there is the almost daily trip to Walmart to get whatever I forgot to get yesterday or ran out of last night. Curses. My days are so fantastic.

Back on topic. J is always bored. He has played his XBOX game "Lost Planet" until it is slightly warped and burned out one game console. He has a new game but he is trying to make it last instead of playing it to the end in just one weekend. What happens when J is bored? He comes to me to entertain him. No matter if I am reading a book or doing whatever I must stop and play with him. I am beginning to see why my Mother instituted the rule when I was little.

1 comment:

  1. That's actually kind of cute. I've got this mental image of you sitting on the couch reading and him flopping down next to you. "Whatcha doin'?" Lol. Aww. Maybe I'll find a guy liek that someday. Although, I imagine it's probably not as cute in real life as it is in my head, is it?

    ReplyDelete