Wednesday, July 11, 2007

M.A.D.D. (Mothers Against Dumb Decisions)

Last night was traumatic as the computer refused to cooperate with my blogging needs. But today is a new day so I am trying to let bygones be bygones. Besides I get to see Harry Potter tonight so not much can really bring me down at this point. I did have to try to prove myself wrong though. Rory and I had a play date to attend this morning so we got up and headed to the base to see his friends. Somewhere between snacks and swings we (the moms) decided "Let's all go to Golden Corral for lunch." So five moms and ten children all under five drove in a mini van parade to the restaurant. It is days like today that I am thankful for that little chemical imbalance I have that allows the doctors to provide me with happy pills.

These kids have been playing since nine, up way before that, and it is 11:30 by the time we get seated. Hmm, do you think maybe the children were cranky? Yea, the mommies looked like they had endured a public beating by dessert. All the kids were into the delirious mischief stage by then so while the adults slowly began to crawl towards insanity they were on a second wind. I left out first so I am hoping my girlfriends survived. I took my one and fled. He is now sleeping in a sugar coma. Too bad i have to get him up for speech soon. Maybe we can both crash after his speech coach leaves this afternoon. I want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed by 7:15 for Mr. Potter.

1 comment:

  1. A brave, brave woman you are. I've made an important realization that keeps me from such situations - I don't really like anyone's kids but mine and I don't like them all of the time, so I avoid such punishments as much as possible. Then again, my oldest tends to see the firestation and blurt out things like, "If our house had fires we would all die!" so um, yeah, obviously social contact is not our strong point.

    ReplyDelete