Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pool Party


Today was Rory's first trip to the pool...ever. We went down to my neighbor Mac's house and swam with her and her two kiddos. Rory was not quite sure about water that did not involve the bath tub. He did not take too long to acclimate though. There was a little temerature gauge that floated around with a car on top of it. He had to have the car. We swam for about 30-45 minutes before getting out in favor of a snack. Rory also had another first today. His first girlfriend. Her name is Alli and she just loves to give him kisses.


Here she is kissing his back since he would not cooperate with her amorous endevors. By the end of the afternoon he was running over to her to recieve his sugars. He was willing to stay there with her instead of go home with me which is highly unusal for my son. I have been thrown over for another woman who does not even reach my knees!
Look at those little blondies! Once we got home Mom and I made fried catfish and fried patty pan squash for dinner. I have been munching on the squash slowly since then. A nibble here, a nibble there. Now the rain is coming down. I hope it will help to cool things off. I do not know what itis about water combined with sun that just wears a body out. I am ready for bed time and it is not eve eight o'clock yet.

2 comments: