Monday, July 23, 2007

My heart belongs to Orkin

When the highlight of your day is finding a dead spider you know it is time for a new hobby. That being said, guess what the highlight of my day was? I do believe the words "Long live the Orkin man!" actually escaped my me. In my defense it is not even 2pm yet. The day has plenty of promise for good things to happen.

On our recent trip back home to the family estate in TX both Mom and J got spider bit. There is a renewed hatred for spiders amongst my crew. It took about three weeks for the bites to heal. I am just thankful they did not seek out the baby flesh. Rory was safe except for some mosquito bites. You could not go outside for five seconds without getting nailed by those nasty lil bloodsuckers from beyond the grave.

Today in speech class Rory said "Car", "Train", "Meow", "Go", and "Drink". They were his variations but at least we have words. Victory feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment