Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The sun is hot

Rory finally has his first speech appt. scheduled. I am supposed to keep a list of any "words" i think I hear. Supposed;y he might be talking to him but to us it is kind of scrambled. Miss Beth is going to unscramble the Rory speak. So far I have
Ra - for a response to his polar bear's growl
Ma - Nope not talking to me. for a response to the kitty
Ya ya ya - delight?
Bu bwa - yea I have no idea on this one.

I ordered a porta crib for the little monster. Between the trip to Texas in two weeks and J's deployment to Florida for four months, we are about to be doing a lot of traveling and I am a strict no sleep with mommy and daddy parent. The crib holds up to 40 pounds and collapses so that it fits into the back of my truck. Neat-o!
I know that we will go see J for at least three visits so that crib ought to come in handy.

Bad news, my A/C is trying to quit! I hate, loathe, despise hot weather. I would rather not have heat in the winter than be without subzero temperatures blowing out of my air vents. Maybe it is from spending most of my life in Texas. I just do not tolerate the heat. The really sad thing is that our unit is only one year old. The company that installed it for us last year is supposed yo "work in" an appointment for us tomorrow. J looked at it and it appears that something was put on upside down. Don't you kind of have to be observant to work with electricity and stuff? So now our a/c unit does not drain the way it should and is shorting out. My confidence in the situation is dragging.

1 comment:

  1. Bu bwa reminds me of Claire want ing boo-bah when she was hungry.

    I <3 our fold up play pen. She sleeps in it 75% of the time, but that's because I'm a sucker.

    And yeah, heat sucks. You can bundle up if you're cold, but you can only get so naked.

    ReplyDelete