Wednesday, May 9, 2007

just icky

Yesterday was "Please do not talk to me or I might have to kill you" day. I had trouble sleeping the night before. Once I finally did get to sleep Rory woke up and had trouble going back to sleep. I think we were playing sleep tag. Finally around 6 a.m. he gave up. Thankfully he slept until ten. As I tried to dress him he decided to whack me in the mouth with the back of his head. Don't you just love kids? We went to IHOP for breakfast before going to Walmart. That is where my foul mood began. I have no clue why other than grocery shopping is probably my least favorite form of shopping. Rory was in such a good mood. He loves to get out and go. After shopping I had enough time to shower before going to the base for my yearly gynecological exam. Yippy skippy. Nothing like having a a speculum jammed into the most tender of orifices to brighten your day.
I tried to shake off that experience while waiting for my birth control prescription to be filled. Well they filled it and stuck it up on the shelf. Never called my name. Just forgot me. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the most annoying children in the world during this time. Her father let me run around like a heathen. I just played tetris on my phone in self defense. I did not want to have to yell "Hey Moron, control your kid!" at her dad.
After 45 minutes I went to the window prepared to vent my frustrations on the lady behind the counter. Well she had to go and be all nice to me. Just blew all the mind out of my sails. Now I have all this pent up angst and no one to spend it on. I really wanted to go home and sleep but I had bunco. No way was I missing my one night a month I get to spend with my girls. In retrospect they may have wished I stayed home. I hope I was not rude to anyone.
When I got home and went to bed I could not sleep. ARRRGHH! I tried to take a hot shower but Rory woke up hysterical. J slept through this event of course. I got back in bed around midnight. Today I am going to have a mental health day. I think I need it.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, we were at WalMart and while this other mother was talking to someone I watched her daughter pull all of the Elmo bowl and spoon sets off the rack and throw about two dozen sippy cups out on the floor after testing each one. Somedays it feels good to be the mean mommy that makes my child behave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have those days my dear, especially where WalMart, no sleep, gyno appts, bratty kids, and annoying people are concerned. And I noticed no rudeness at bunko. Lord knows with this 9 month pregnancy induced discomfort I am not the sweetest person in the world these days either!

    ReplyDelete