Monday, May 14, 2007

Just rambling today

I did the Denise Austen work out this morning. No way will I ever look as comfortable as she does doing it. I probably resemble a bear trying to balance on a ball. Balance is something my family does not have. I will admit to feeling better after though. Denise Austen is the only fitness personality I can stand. I think it is because she is so nice you cannot help but like her. It would be like saying you do not like Mother Teresa or Gandhi. I doubt that Denise has done as much for the world but if she can deliver on her promises I will nominate her for sainthood. After aerobicizing Rory and I went for a walk equivalent to 3/4 of a mile with Mac and her little girl. We pushed the kids in strollers. For a minute there you thought I was a toddler drill sergeant huh?

I dreamed about aliens again. Not just any aliens but the one from the movie "Aliens." I have been doing this since I was a kid. I love horror flicks. That one is the only one that has stuck with me. Well "Gremlins" hung on for a while but I just have a hard time any more being afraid of something that does not even reach my knee. "Aliens" will always be my favorite I think but I pay for it. I am glutton for punishment. Everyone knows how I feel about spiders. I will watch "Arachnophobia" every time it is on t.v.


We horror flick junkie really do not make a lot of sense.

Speaking of things that do not make sense I watched a video on you tube of a baby rattlesnake on some one's back patio. The girl was talking about how they were not going to kill it. Um, excuse me? I know that PETA will have my hide for this but I say if it is in my yard it dies. As a matter of fact several have died in my yard. Not here in IL of course, but in TX. One of the things I like about IL is the lack of snakes. Spiders are smaller here for the most part. I have only run across one that was big. And before you ask yes I killed him. Judging by his size he had lived a long happy life already.

Linus, our golden retriever, has been bitten by a rattlesnake twice. Linus is super friendly and could not understand why the snakes would not play with him. He is not the brightest dog but we love him still. Here is a picture of our little backyard welcoming committee.





He really is a good dog.

Well I need to get ready for our trip to St. Louis this afternoon. Arg! I hate going to the VA clinic but they are free medical care for mom so we go. Just have to suck it up and smile like a big girl.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, gremlins and Denise Austin are evil. Ha ha, that's the woman that did the workout videos Linda had. Try Suzeanne Cox. Not only is her DVD only $1 at WalMart, she's British so you get to snicker at how she tell you to 'tighten up taht boah'um'.

    ReplyDelete