Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Patti LaBelle knows her ABC's

My little white boy has some soul in him. Today on Sesame Street Patti LaBelle was the guest. She sang the ABC's in her form fitting black sequin dress. An amazing lady for sure. I have always been a fan of old rhythm and blues. The Supremes was a particular favorite of mine as a child. Before Patti's segment began Rory had been running laps around the coffee table with his dump truck. The minute she began to sing he skidded to a halt. The ABC song only lasts for so long though. After it was over Rory decided that maybe if he beat the T.V. she would come back for an encore. No such luck but an A+ for effort!
I got the ball rolling on his speech evaluation today. The doctor seems concerned that he does not talk. One of my Aunts in Texas mentioned his speech delay to my old family physician there. His response, "Poor kid probably can't get a word in edgewise considering who his mother is."
I had not thought of this before but he might be on to something. I suppose I could talk less. Nah I might slip into a coma or something if I tried that.

Grandma and Rory are hanging out right now. If J or Mum Mum is around who needs mom right? At least that is Rory's way of thinking. I know he loves me but he also knows Mom is the most likely to discipline. Even if he is with the other two adults in the house I get called for punishment and poopy diapers. Rory knows Mom means business. Daddy can be swayed with X's & O's. I might have taught him that one, he he.

1 comment:

  1. Discipline and the poopy diaper. Such is the way of the mother. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete