Friday, May 25, 2007

Foul Flavored Green

My son has just entered the no vegetable stage of his life. He is also shaking his head vigorously at most meat in favor of any starch he can get his tiny little paws on. Today he refused a sour patch kid because it was green. Does green have a flavor? My son thinks so. Apparently it is foul.

For some kids this is a phase. To others it is a just a part of their personality. I love all vegetables. I am not a picky eater at all. J is though. Both of us hope that Rory will grow out of this and develop a varied palate like me. There are a few foods that are persona non Grata for me. I will not eat cole slaw no matter how it is made. Artichokes gag me. Once upon a time I liked them but after being pregnant I can no longer see them with out needing to get some air. Butterfingers, nope. Not for me. I got sick after eating one when I was about eight. Ever since then I have shunned them.

Is it all in my head? Yep, but it goes straight to my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment