Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Moms need bunko time

This morning before he went into work the hubby says, "I think I have finally figured out why bunko is so important to you."

FYI: Bunko is a dice came.

I play it once a month with a group of military wives I have come to adore. We eat and laugh. Every one gets a prize at the end. I love it.
I have been playing for coming up on four years.
I have been arguing with J about my attendance at said monthly game for coming up on four years.

We do not argue so much as he expresses his wish that I was home with him rather than out.
Its only one night a month so I tell him to suck it up, I'll be home before 10 PM
So when he told me today that he had finally figured out my bunko obsession I was intrigued.
"It is the one night you get to spend some time away from Rory."

B-I-N-G-O!

I love my kiddo but being a stay at home mom I never really get any time away from him.

I know that probably makes me sound bad but I spend Monday through Friday, weekends, holidays, 24/7, 365 days a year. 366 during leap year.

Sometimes, sometimes a mom just needs time that does not include diapers and sippy cups. Most of my friends are in the same exact boat as me. We are all so giddy just to be away from the house without the family that occasionally we just giggle for no reason. By the time we leave it is out of our system and we want to get back to our precious offspring.

J wanted me to know that if I needed any other night off to let him know.

No comments:

Post a Comment