Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Return of the Mothership


Mom returns from TX this weekend! She finished having all new flooring, two new water heaters, fresh paint, and a new dishwasher installed on her TX house that we are trying to sell. All those improvements are hopefully going to get us a buyer soon! Sadly she will miss my birthday by just a few days. At (almost) 25 this is not s huge deal but it is nice to have the one responsible for giving you life around on the anniversary of that occasion. Mom is going to feed my addiction to reading my letting me pick out some E-books for my Sony E Reader she got me last year. I really do have too many books. I don't think this is a problem but others disagree. If I only had a few books I would hyperventilate. What if I run out of reading material and I am forced to read the shampoo bottle? Mom is my enabler, bless her.
I picked out my present from J and informed him of the charge to his credit card. It is a super cute wristlet I found on Etsy. I posted a pic of it above. This is his preferred method of shopping for me. Two Christmas' ago I left it up to him and wound up with bupkis. Lesson learned. For a man who will not shop for holidays he does a great job with little surprises the rest of the year. Last week I was gifted with a Nintendo DS that he had been given in pieces. Wonder Geek can do anything so this was a piece of cake. I told him he did a great job and should consider doing his own holiday shopping. He is just insecure in his ability to pick out gifts. I got a whole raised eyebrow out of him so I am going to guess that was a no.

2 comments:

  1. Aww that cartoon is too cute, I'm showing that one to my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wristlet. It's very chic. :)

    Maybe it's big enough for you to put your DS and your e-book in? If so, that's the perfect purse.

    ReplyDelete