Monday, April 13, 2009

Mud Puppies

I love the rain. I love thunderstorms. In the past few years that love has been tested.

1. Rory's fear of rain and thunder. We have recently been making progress with that. He knows the rain is needed to give the birds a bath and the flowers a drink. The thunder is the clouds laughing. Clouds are so big that when they laugh it sounds big and scary. What are the clouds laughing at? The lighting told a joke.

2. Our neighborhood has very old power lines. Big storms tend to knock the power out sometimes for days. Thankfully the power company has been working on replacing them. Good thing since storm season is about to hit for another year.

3. My floors. J and I removed the carpet in our house and replaced them with wood laminate. See how pretty it is?


Our backyard had an above ground pool in the center when the previous owners lived here. We have tried to get grass to grow every summer but it has never lasted very long. When it rains we have a nice pretty lake in the backyard.


Even in the rain, a puppy has to pee.
Our first mud puppy, Inigo. He likes to fun through puddles. He even painted on my sliding glass window. Such a thoughtful canine. That tennis ball is # 1152. He goes through them like tissue.



















Our second mud puppy, Linus. It is not his fault he has huge paws. They just soak up mud and water to be deposited on other surfaces. He has the sweetest face doesn't he?


















This is my pretty floor after I let the dogs back in the house. So thankful I do not have carpet. It still pains me to see the floor I cleaned less than 24hrs ago in such a state.
The rain has let up. Today was very nice and sunny. My floor is clean and shiny. All is well with my soul. Too bad the weekend forecast calls for more rain. A vicious cycle.

3 comments:

  1. Your dogs are so cute!

    Hmm I don't live in IL or Mo. I live in Alabama, so I'm not sure you found my blog from where I live. Maybe from a blog we both go to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linus is so gorgeous!!! I love the floors we may rip up our tv room carpet and put fake wood floors in...ourselves though...oy I will love that I'm sure.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few awards for you to pick up over at my Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete