Friday, April 3, 2009

April fools

April first is known as April Fool's Day. People make it a mission to play joke and pranks of others. Once in Junior High my best friend expressed her undying love for me in a more than platonic way. At the bottom of the letter was P.S. April fools written in teeny tiny script. It was the one and only joke that has ever been played on me for this historic day of jokes. This year the cosmos got in on the action. I kid. It was just a day full of bad coincidences for me.

First the Postal service has raised the price of the stamp. Grrr. I send a lot of paperback books by mail. It is part of the online swap I am a member of. This causes me to use a lot of stamps. The average book uses six stamps to mail. I use 100 stamps just about every 2 weeks. It is still cheaper to use the online swap than to buy the books new but at this rate it won't last long.

After my trip to the USPS I went to walmart. Walking down the Easter aisle I slipped and barely caught myself before I landed bottom first in a lovely puddle of vomit. My first thought was that some one had walked off and left it for some unsuspecting person to step in. As I began to insert my foot in my mouth a flustered mother comes over with a teary eyed toddler in her cart. She had gone to alert a store manager about the problem and had returned to the scene to keep watch over it. Now I just feel like a heel. I made some quick small talk and wished her well.

Got my groceries and left the store to find my car in the parking lot. Two other women were behind me. We had parked across the aisles from one another. I was right next to the cart return. After filling my trunk and putting my cart back I got in the car. Threw it into reverse and my back up sensors began to wail. I couldn't see anything on my cameras so I slowly began to ease back. The woman across the aisle had put her cart behind my car. I had to get out and move it before I was able to drive away. How you could be so blatantly rude is beyond me.

How was your april fools?

No comments:

Post a Comment