Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Radio Rant

My computer speakers died. The sub woofer (? is that right?) that sits on the floor fried. I smelled electrical smoke and heard some crackling as I checked my email the other day. My investigations led me to the sub woofer. I pulled the plug which burned my finger cause it was smoking hot! Now I am without my computer play list. I am forced to listen to the radio. *cringe
The radio is fine for short trips in the car but not all. day. long.We all know that they play the same set of songs over and over with a few oldies thrown in to put you off the scent. Not to mention I am not a fan of all the music that is played. I am pretty eclectic and love a wide variety of music. In my home I prefer to listen to sets that I know I will dig all the music. every song. If I put my play list on shuffle the first five songs are:

I Caught Myself by Paramore
Undo Me by Jennifer Knapp
Hysteria by Muse
Better in Time by Leona Lewis
Turn the Page by Metallica

I have Garth Brooks, Dwight Yoakam, The Cranberries, Apocalyptica, My Chemical ROmance, Sarah MacLachlan, Sean Paul, The Veronicas, Stabbing Westward, Queen, Collective Soul, Mudvayne, Lily Allen, Jason Mraz, Adema, Duran Duran, Theory of a Deadman, Seether, Todd Agnew, Faith Hill, and oh so many more. My play list grows all the time.
Country, Pop, Classical, Rock, R&B, Christian, Techno, Alternative, I like a little of it all. I will admit my heart belongs to rock n' roll. If I had to spend the rest of my life only listening to one genre it would be rock. I love to his shuffle and just spend the day jamming as I go about my daily business.
Save me from hearing the same crap over and over. Yesterday I heard three different Kanye West songs in the same hour. NEXT ARTIST PLEASE! My brain is beginning to hurt due to the repetition. And what is with all the chatter? I have XM for a reason. No commercials. In my mind that means no talking. I do not care if Lindsay Lohan was seen at some club or what Jennifer Garner went to the Doctor for. They have websites for that if you just have to know. Radio = Music. Play some! Thankfully J is got us a new setup. Just in time too. If I have to hear T.I. ft Justin Timberlake one more time I might be Dead and Gone!

3 comments:

  1. That sucks that the subwoofer died >< My speakers blew on my last PC too, it sucked. I guess I used them to play too much cool music too hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I SO agree... I hate the replaying over and over and over. I can't take it. I hope you get your sub-woofer taken care of soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! My heart aches for you. The radio is generally a bunch of rubbish.

    ReplyDelete