Monday, August 27, 2007

When I was young..er...ish?

When I was just knee high to a grasshopper playing dress up and barbies I do not think I envisioned myself where I am today. Not complaining at all. I love my life. I just do not think that I knew then that sentences like "Rory, do not eat the furniture!" were ever going to come flying out of my mouth.
Then again I used to "cook" plastic ice cream soup on my fisher price kitchen set and serve it to Skipper and her G.I. Joe boyfriend that no one at the Mattel trailer park knew she had. I was weird even as a child. Just ask my Mom. Funny how life takes us down unexpected roads. I spent so much time rearranging the Dream House that my parents thought I had a future in miniature interior design. Then the day comes that we put away our childish things for more adult adventures. I truly believe that a bit of the magic inside of us dies the day we stop playing pretend. Lucky for us we have a second chance to recapture that magic watching our own children. So while I have to remind him that chairs are for sitting and not a proper food group my son reminds me to try something new and unusual.

2 comments:

  1. Uh, so did you try something new and unusual by taking a bite out of the chair? Claire is more partial to the couch flavor, maybe you should try that next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas I do not have a couch. But recliner is just dandy from where I, er stand?

    ReplyDelete