Sunday, August 19, 2007

How to upset a Housewife

Cursed allergies. My eyes are itching so bad I want to claw them out and I sneeze about five times every thirty minutes. Grr.

A little advice for the men out there. Never, ever under any circumstances tell the pregnant mother of your child that she has "all day to get (insert chore) done and should not need any help from him after he gets home from work." Yes J is still alive but I took a little bit of his hide off. Yes in theory I should be able to get the entire house sparkling clean, dinner cooked, laundry washed/dried/ironed/put away, and cure cancer. The problem with this is toddler energy running circles around my feet. "Pick me up mommy, play with me mommy, lets go outside mommy..." I could complain about how the first trimester makes me sleepy but since I find I am sleepy anyways this is more normal than not.

And I do not want to hear the "I work all day" argument unless you are a farmer or rancher etc. J works in an office. Cushy chair, A/C, three computers in front of him. I know he works hard but there are no diapers, litter pans, dirty dishes, smelly laundry, floors that need to be swept/mopped at his office. And where are my holidays and weekends off? I still have all chores mentioned above. Now thankfully my hubby usually understands this. If I had married some one else I would most likely be in lock up for aggravated assault.

Okay can't type anymore. My eyes are driving me bonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment