Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crazy pets

When we first bought our pug Inigo I wondered who he would bond with the deepest. He certainly is an equal opportunity lover. If you have hands and a lap you have his undivided attention. If you will play with him, he is putty in your hands. He and J play tug of war and chase which is wonderful to watch since J was unsure of him for the longest time. J never really had a puppy before so he was not used to all that "fun" adventures that come with it. Chewing, housebreaking, crate training.

Inigo is a quick learner but like the vet told me, pugs are all energy and no common sense. So he knows what is right and wrong but it is hard to slow down to process the information. Inigo and Rory play hard. Inigo is a little too much firecracker for all his playmates. We stop long before he does. Last night J had Clio, Eris, and Pickles in the recliner with him. Cats flock to the man. It is why I call him the cat whisperer. He asked them why one of them could not come lay in my lap. I chuckled and called pickles over to me but before she could get from one recliner to the next (which are side by side, not exactly a long walk) Inigo came shooting out of the separate living room and jumped in my lap. He took up as much room a he could all the while staring at Pickles. I think I have been claimed.

Speaking of claiming Clio has done the same with Lorelei. She takes naps with her. She is not very close to her but close enough to see her and stop any other animals from coming near. She used to do the same thing with Rory until he learned to walk. Now she just tries to stay higher up then him or close to the adults. Clio loved to snuggle with my belly during both pregnancies. The kids would kick her, she would scowl and go back to sleep. My pets have crazy character. Clio is the nicest when it comes to kids. She never bites or scratches even to get away. She just looks for the nearest adult. Smart girl. She was a Mother herself three times and a surrogate for another litter twice. Eris is her latest adoption. She is the Angelina Jolie of cats. Poor thing doesn't get a Brad though. She is fixed now so I don't think she cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment