Sunday, September 7, 2008

...as we forgive those that trespass against us.

This past week has been a trying one for me and my family. Outside factors caused a lot of strain and dishonest people really showed us that some people really are just vindictive and out to hurt others. I know that I am confusing you but the events themselves are not what is important. We all know that there is evil in the world. Terrorists, murders, sex offenders, the list goes on and on. The atrocities committed by some are well documented on the news all day. But what about the smaller things? It still hurts when someone spins lies about another. The damage that words can do is astonishing to me. A few sentences strung together and someone else's world can come crashing down.

I am reminded of high school girls. I saw so much pain and drama go on between one group of girls or another to put me off the idea of even white lies. Is it human nature to hurt others? My religion teaches me that sin is our nature. In my mind I always saw that sin as hurting myself by creating distance from God through my actions. It is humbling to think of how many I hurt in the process. I wonder if the cause of this weeks drama even cares how much and how many people he hurt with his callous behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment