Tuesday, March 3, 2009

She Ra was my Hero


Did you ever watch She Ra? I was a She Ra fanatic. I remember trying to convince my mother once that I was not really her child but She Ra implanted into their home to keep me safe. Imagination is a dangerous thing. I loved Gem and the Holograms, Rainbow Brite, and Lady Lovely Locks to a level of being in danger of becoming a mini stalker. However my total allegiance was always to the Princess of Power. Those other girls were cool but come one, She Ra kicked butt!


When I first started watching She Ra I did not understand the whole She Ra/ He Man sibling thing so I wanted them to be a couple. Incest was really not a part of my vocabulary. I think I mentioned it to my Mom and she explained the futility of my wish. So I moved on to wanting She Ra and Bow to get together. I don't think it ever happened. He was always so torn between her alter ego and She Ra. The crazy owl and scatterbrained witch can know the secret but the devoted hot guy is out of the loop?



I never really understood that. I do not remember if they ever actually got it straightened out. Either I grew out of it before then or it was cancelled. Come to think of it Didn't Gem have the same problem with her main squeeze Rio? Are Cartoons programming little girls at an early age to expect massive amounts of drama for a relationship to be healthy? Hmm, food for thought. At least we didn't have Chris and Rhianna situations to steer us into adulthood. Is Bow had hit She Ra she would have given him an enema with her sword.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I LOVED She Ra myself. I actually almost broke my ankle in KINDERGARTEN pretending to BE her! And by the way I was playing make believe with my "boyfriend" (if you can call him that in Kindergarten, his name was Michael if I recall correctly and it was a drama free relationship aside from the acting! Ha!) at the time who was pretending to be He Man and we saw absolutely nothing wrong with that! LOL!! Rock on She Ra!! Princess of Power!!

    ReplyDelete