Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scary Moments brought to you by Sesame street.


When I was a youngster I loved to watch Sesame Street. These days I can do without it but I do enjoy my children watching it. It is one show I know I can trust. However, I remember being terrified of the tentacle aliens. All they said was "Yep Yep Yep" while this eerie music played. Creeped me out. My greatest childhood fears were the dark, gremlins, and the sesame street aliens.Rory was not so fond of Prairie Dawn. He would scream when she came on the screen. Even if he was doing something else and had no focus on the TV. He would hear the little piano ditty that is played for her intro, whip around and scream. She doesn't get to him anymore. I guess he grew out of the scary prairie phase. He is doing better than me. I still get a little shiver from the aliens.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud! All I saw at first was the title "Scary Moments Brought to you Sesame Street and the first pic!! I totally laughed as soon as I saw it because seriously, that IS scary! Especially for kids! It's just so funny! And I can just hear them saying their little yep yeps. It's just weird. Not sure who created that segment, but I think they were saying pass the peyote and crack pipe. For. Real. :) Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always happy to make someone smile. If my childhood terror can make you giggle, my work is done.

    ReplyDelete