Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2 doctors and the electric alien

Lorelei has her 5th ear infection since November. I can spot the onset of one from 50 paces. Sunday night consisted of :
*cough*
loses pacifier
*wah-wah*
more *wah-wah*
miserable whimper.
J took her to the Doc in the morning. They had to hold her down and clean out her ears. Lorelei produces excess gobs of wax we learned. So glad I missed that one. She did not get the wax build up from me. I can forget to use a q-tip for a week and still pull out pristine white cotton. J is not so lucky. He was the genetic donor for that curse. Horrible acne in their teens is my gift to them. We now have the pink bubblegum antibiotics. Much improved attitude 24 hours later.

Where was I during Lorelei's appointment? I had a Doc appointment of my own. With my new head shrink. I really like her. We froze during the meeting. The heater had blown out. She asked me if I wanted to reschedule. I had a thick coat on and after my morning with little miss I was not about to forgo a little venting. I am an advocate for mental health. If you have baggage, go let a professional unpack it. I won't go into my personal inventory. I, like everyone else, have my own sob story and I will save it for the person who is paid to listen to me whine. Besides I tend to go off tangents (surprise, surprise) and typing all that would make my hands cramp.

Last thought for the day...
Why do the lights flicker in every horror movie? 2 AM Lorelei woke up wanting a bottle. While she munched I flipped channels. I landed on Alien vs. Predator 2. It was about 20 minutes to the credits. The big climactic scenes take place in the hospital, which has all the lights flickering. This is what led me to the flicker question. The big bad should either shun light which would constitute lights off, or just not care so lights on. In the monster entourage is their someone assigned to flipping the main switch spastically? I know it is for atmosphere and suspense. I just think it is kind of pointless. The flickering is enough to make me have a seizure.

No comments:

Post a Comment