Friday, February 6, 2009

Belated snow report

This was the scene from my front door last week. Growing up in Texas I thought what we occasionally got was called snow. How wrong was I. It was more like sleet that stuck around for a few days. Now this is snow! J got to stay home two days due to the horrible road conditions. That is Aunt B's little Dodge Neon parked out front by the curb. Hope she did not have plans to go anywhere.


Yep. I made a snow angel. I think my neighbors were probably laughing at me. You can always tell who did not grow up in an area where snow was abundant. We are the people outside taking pictures and making snow angels while everyone else is shoveling their drives. I have not made a snow angel since kindergarten. Rory was not about to lay down in the cold. Lorelei is too young for one. So the task fell to me. This is what J was up to while I made snow angels and wrote names in the snow. J is obviously the more sensible of us two. Yes, he is shoveling snow with a regular spade shovel as opposed to a snow shovel. Another sign that we are not used to heavy snow is that we are obviously unprepared for it. He did finally go borrow a snow shovel from a neighbor. He would still be there two weeks later if he kept trying to use the spade.
I think Rory was trying to tell us that he was all the snowed out for one day. When I asked him if he was ready to go back inside he told me that "Rory is too cold."

Lorelei was pretty aloof about the whole thing. She did not like the glare from the sun off the snow. After about 15 minutes she was done with snow.
The only thing she seemed interested in was touching the snow. She would have played with that snow in her Aunt T's hand all day. Being her mother I was worried about cold little hands so she was parted with her new friend sooner than she would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment