Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bow-tique


There is a huge racket on the Internet designed to siphon millions from others. It is little girl hair bows! One of the advantages to having a girl is the accessories. Gazillions of websites are dedicated to creating spectacular works of art with ribbon. I say works of art because they want you to pay for them like you would for the Mona Lisa. I say nay, nay. I know two ladies that make bows. Their bows are just as spectacular and way more affordable. They both seem to have their heads on straight. One of these ladies happens to be my best friend. I have struck a deal with her. I buy all the materials for the bows, she creates them for me. Today Mom and I went shopping. Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Sally's Beauty Supply. Sally's was for the alligator clips. The craft stores were for ribbons (duh). I bought enough ribbon for Lorelei to have a whole new spring/summer collection. There will even be left overs for Sassy to make bows out of them for her daughter MK, if she wants to. I cannot wait to get them done. I will post pictures of them before they disappear into Lorelei's bow boutique.

2 comments:

  1. It's so true! I was just shopping for some on ebay. Whitney is going to make me some more though. They are just so darn cute though. Thanks for the sweet phone call the other day by the way. Sorry I was so distracted. My kids were torturing me in the Christian book store and I was trying my darnedest to get out of there quickly. :) But I actually read the verse you told me about and it's in the beatitudes which I have read hundreds of times. Go figure! It's amazing how God's Word is living and is applicable in so many DIFFERENT situations. I read it in a totally new light. Thank you so much, because I needed the encouragement to grieve without guilt. You're the best and I just wanted to tell ya so. Thanks Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cheaper bows that are just as cute, if not better! :)

    ReplyDelete