Sunday, September 23, 2007

Apple harvest


I love apples. Apple juice, apple sauce, apple cider, red candy apples, apple butter on biscuits, Fried apples, baked apples, and of course just plain apples. When I am pregnant apples are a serious trigger food for me. I can still drink the juice which I do buy the gallon but any solid form of apple lasts less than 10 minutes in my stomach. This time of year is so perfect for apples too. The farmers market had my absolute favorite Honey Crisp apples out and I had to pass. Thanksgiving and Christmas are synonymous with apple pie in my house. Not this year. Good thing I love pumpkin pie too.

Why all the apple obsession? I watched Iron Chef America last night and the secret ingredient was apples. I was not impressed with most of he dishes the chefs made but it did make me think of all the apple based foods I do love.


Yesterday Rory created his first art work on the hallway wall. Beautiful lines in orange against a crisp white backdrop.

1 comment:

  1. I'll think of you and eat some extra apple pie this year. :D

    ReplyDelete