Thursday, December 18, 2008

PO'ed at the PO

Yesterday I finally got the last of the Christmas presents shipped off. I walked into the post office and took a number like I was told to. I pulled #26. The clerks were on #3. I settled in for a long wait. Several people got fed up and left. Do they think tomorrow is going to be a better day at the PO? Not likely. When #25 got up to the desk I was so ready to be next.

I had not been paying attention to the little old man with the cane. A cane I might add that never touched the floor. It just sort of hovered in midair. Maybe he uses it for a counter weight. Little old man believed that his advanced age provided an excuse to cut in front of the 30 people already in line. Four little old ladies that had waited for a turn might disagree.

He argued with the clerk that all he needed was some stamps so why should he have to wait. Well for one thing we all did. He didn't just want a few stamps, oh no. He wanted ten books! It was taking longer to argue with him than just sell him the stamps so the clerk asked if we minded. We grumbled but gave in.

This man who was in such a hurry proceeded to stand outside the PO in 20 degree weather to smoke two cigarettes. So really he was just selfish and impatient. I had my own personal mini Scrooge. It took all I had not to yell "Bah Humbug!"

No comments:

Post a Comment