Sunday, November 30, 2008

Swap Spat


I have talked about my membership in a certain book swapping club in the past. It is a wonderful site that has saved me gobs of money. In the almost two years I have participated I have not had any major problems until today.

A few days ago the book i asked for came in with a problem. The bottom of the cover and first 22 pages had been gnawed on by an animal. As this is against the rules for swapping I alerted the person who sent it to me. She was not happy with me for that. She returned my credit per my request and asked that I never ask for anything from her again. That ticked me off. I hate it when I get blamed for someone else's snafu. If you screwed up, own it! I am sorry that you were okay with the book the way it was. I don't like trying to read through confetti edged pages. It boils down to this, the club gives us guidelines to follow. If you choose not to follow them and get called on it, you have no one to blame but yourself.


I feel like I am back in 9th grade homeroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment