Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A spoonful of sugar?

The duck under the lawn mower belonged to Linus, our golden retriever. We think Inigo might have murdered him out of jealousy. Mr Duck got a lot of attention from Linus. Maybe Mr Duck just had enough after his quacker was finally ripped out and decided to end it. Murder? Suicide? You pick. Either way this is how we found him.

I should be cleaning my house and being productive. My MIL will be here on Saturday. It would be nice if the house was clean. It would be nice if the house was clean just for the sake of being clean but that is unlikely to ever happen. I have this funk that I cannot shake. Add that to the fact that I am lazy by nature and prone to procrastination. Not much getting done. I am not being a total waste of skin. The dishes are washing, i cleaned the litter pans, picked up some of the clutter. I know what part of my problem is. I have a cold along with the rest of my family. Lorelei has a double ear infection to go with her cold. Poor baby girl.

Close up of the crime scene.

I need some of whatever Mary Poppins was on. I still have tomorrow and Friday to get the house up to snuff. That will leave less time for all of us to destroy it before MIL gets here. What housewife does not feel like they work in vain?
You cook, clean, etc.
The food gets eaten, clean becomes dirty, etc morphs into a mountain of laundry and everyone needs something done before sunrise tomorrow. I don't even get to complain to much because I am in on the destruction. Does that make me a masochist?

No comments:

Post a Comment