Monday, January 21, 2008

Psycho Kitty

Don't ask me why all my posts lately have been cat related. Maybe that is just how sadly boring my life is this week. Oh well, it 's a funny story. I got Miss Kitty in 1996 when she was already close to two years old. She had been treated pretty cruelly and as a result was not an approachable cat. Her previous owner just wanted her put down but I begged to take her instead. She spent her first month hiding in the water heater closet. I would take her food and water every day and lay down on the floor with my hand close enough for her to smell me. I knew she was coming out at least to use the litter pan since I never found any messes left behind. She is such a tidy little girl. So finally we see this dark streak run across the living room one day and bound onto the couch in my lap. I was not supposed to touch her, just let her sit on me. She followed me into my bed room that evening and never left again except if absolutely necessary. We have been buddies ever since.


She is quite an old girl now and the vet says she probably does not care about her hairstyle anymore so just refuses to groom it. My guess is she figures she can have nice hair or hairballs. I think I would look wild too. I unfortunately did not notice this until after she had some massive mats on her back. No brush could tame it so I made her an appointment at the groomers for a shave down. This could be debated as cruel but it was my last option. I told the groomers she was not friendly and had the bad habit of gnawing of foreign fingers but they seemed confidant they could handle it.

Four hours later I receive a phone call explaining that my cat must be some sort of demon breed. They had only been able to complete 90 percent of the job before she went nuclear and tried to open the hell mouth under them. They said it had taken about four techs just to get her in the cage. I left to pick her up expecting to be bitten and hissed at for my treachery. Instead she just looked at me and meowed like "oh hello, didn't see you there." She calmly walked into my arms when the cage door opened and began to purr. Now the groomers think I am evil because no way would anyone with a soul be able to coax that cat.


Hey, we have a history. She may persnickety and a tad bipolar but she has character.


Here is Miss Kitty before...


...and After.

No comments:

Post a Comment