Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mental Patient Moments

I had what I like to refer to as mental patient moments today. No I am not saying that anything derogatory about people with any mental conditions. Heck if you dig deep enough we all have one. I live with two obsessive compulsive and I am the anxiety prone depressive. What I mean when I say mental patient moment is when you do something in public that earns you a curious look from bystanders that just screams "Honey, are you all right?"

So today in walmart I was waiting for J to get a basket before we began our shopping. I was kind of staring off into space passively reading a cardboard cut out about the new movie that will be debuted on Tuesday. In my periphery I saw a tall man in a black jacket roll a basket just past me. Since I just knew it was J i grabbed the front of the basket as prepared to continue on. I looked up and realized this was not my husband. Poor guy was just staring at me waiting to see what my next move was. I blushed nicely and mumbled my apology.

To make this even more tragic for me i turned around to find my good friend Sloan pushing her cart towards me. I rarely run into people I know in walmart but today of course I would. Sloan laughed at my moment and I had to also since it was funny even if it was slightly mortifying. J appeared and Sloan informed him I was trying to pick up random men. I explained the story and J too joined our chuckle at my expense.

Now I share it with the world so we can all laugh at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment