Thursday, October 25, 2007

Poltergeist

No. 7 Poltergeist
Plot: A family's home is haunted by a host of ghosts.

Tag Line: They're Here.

Trivia: Mrs. Freeling's line "Mmmm... smell that mimosa." is taken directly from The Uninvited (1944).

Heather O'Rourke, who played the little girl Carol-Anne, and Dominique Dunne, who played the teenage daughter, are buried in the same cemetery: Westwood Memorial Park in Los Angeles. Dunne was strangled into brain-death by her boyfriend in 1982, the year of the film's release. Six years later, O'Rourke died of intestinal stenosis.


JoBeth Williams was hesitant about shooting the swimming pool scene because of the large amount of electrical equipment positioned over and around the pool. In order to comfort her, Steven Spielberg crawled in the pool with her to shoot the screen. Spielberg told her, "Now if a light falls in, we will both fry." The strategy worked and Williams got in the pool.

Quotes: Tangina: Y'all mind hanging back? You're jamming my frequency.

Tangina: It lies to her. It tells her things only a child can understand. It's been using her to restrain the others. To her, it simply is another child. To us, it is The Beast.

Tangina: This house is clean.

I remember when I first saw this movie. I had nightmares for months. I do not think I was afraid of a closet monster until then. The little girl was frightening to me too. Who can forget the name Carol Anne? If I ever met someone with that name I think I would run away screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment