Monday, October 1, 2007

Eight Legged Freaks (2002)

Yea that poster came out a bit small. Oh well, there it is anyways.
Number 31 on our list, this movie starred David Arquette, Scarlett Johnasson, Doug E. Doug and a few other recognizable faces, most of which have faded into obscurity. The plot outline is listed as "A variety of horrible poisonous spiders get exposed to a noxious chemical that causes them to grow to monumental proportions"

Methinks that is putting it a bit mildly but hey I didn't write it. I especially love one of the tag lines used in promotion. "Do you hate spiders? Do you really hate spiders? Well they don't like you either." It really kills that belief that they are as afraid of you as you are of them. But if spiders are as disgusted by me as I am by them that I guess that is fair. I never really believed that spiders had warm fuzzy feelings for me anyways.
The best thing about this movies is that while it has plenty to make you squirm in your seat no one is really taking it all that serious. The characters are convincingly scared witless but the outlandishness of it all does not seem to escape them producing some really great lines.
Chris McCormick: Harlan, get up here!
Harlan: I'm afraid of heights.
Chris McCormick: Heights? Are you afraid of spiders?

It is a fun flick that still delivers the right amount of ooky.



No comments:

Post a Comment