Tuesday, June 10, 2008

no unecessary needles

Lorelei had her first round of immunizations today. My poor baby was screaming the house down. We had thought about getting her ears pierced but we will be waiting on that. I just can't inflict pain for even a second on her that is purely cosmetic. Call me a wimp, I will answer to it. When she gets older and wants them I will let her get them. I want her to choose it though. I have had my ears pierced all my life and it did not really make it any better or worse for me so I think this is kind of a neutral decision.

3 more days until J and I go on our date! We are going to go see The Happening. I am so excited. J and Mom think the movie is going to seriously creep them out. I have seen so many horror flicks that I am pretty desensitized. I expect to jump a few times and then completely forget about it after I leave the theater. Gremlins still suck though. I abhor that film.

1 comment:

  1. I refused to pierce Amory's ears until she was old enough to consent. Honestly, I was surprised how many people commented (some rudely) about it. Now that she's old enough to understand, she doesn't want them done because she knows it will hurt. I would hate to make the assumption she did and then have her hate me for it because she decides to live her life some form of straightedge and objects to body modification.

    ReplyDelete