Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday, ick

Monday is not my best day of the week. It is the day I loathe of the seven I have to choose from. I have a serious Garfield complex when it comes to Mondays. I prefer to stay in bed and hide from the responsibilities the start of the "work" week demands. I put work in quotes because it is really the start for J not me. My work week doesn't really end as a house mom but the weekends are lighter. Since Lorelei was born two months ago (too quick already!) I have been much more active. Go figure, loose the added burden of another human being sharing your body and viola! everything feels better.


So lately I have been trying to be less anti Monday. However, there is a difference between choosing and being forced to do something. Today Rory's speech therapist and Early Intervention Case Manager are coming for a meeting to discuss his progress. Which is amazing by the way. He has just exploded with language. I doubt we will need to continue much longer. So today I have to get the house in proper shape for company to be here. This Friday (my favorite day of the week) my Aunt B and Grandma are visiting for the weekend. Now I have to make sure that I work on keeping it up all week so I do not have to repeat Monday Madness on Freaky Friday.
On to the little man in my life. He is such a cute and loves to talk now. He has started saying unacceptable and dang when something happens he doesn't like. He also says oh no and oh it's okay when he thinks something is wrong. What a great big brother too. He is very nice to her but prefers to go about his business as usual. I can't fault him for that.

I have also officially started my get the baby off diet. I hate loosing weight. My Aunt B said that dieting is so horrid because it starts with D-I-E. I have to agree. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment