Friday, June 19, 2009

The Dancing Baby

Lorelei like Velcro. She will undo her shoes, your shoes, a random strangers shoes. She does not like to discriminate. Diapers have Velcro of a sort on them you know. Lorelei know too. Any outfit has to either have pants or bloomers to protect her nakedness. She is crawling so pants are a bad idea unless I want the knees worn out. Dresses are not made for crawling as they tend to get in the way. The only bloomers I have match outfits. I just know as soon as I use them I will want to dress her up and not have the matching bloomers. How do we solve this crisis? Panties. I bought a 5 pack of Disney Princess panties to use as diaper covers. $8 for five pairs versus $15 for a single pair of cute bloomers. Much more economical. I got the idea from my aunt T. She was babysitting when Lorelei had a blowout. She couldn't find a pair of bloomers so she grabbed a pair of Rory's underwear. Worked beautifully. If you know a baby that is a diaper remover, tell his/her mom to buy some underwear diaper covers.

Lorelei is learning so much new stuff. She toys with the idea of walking on her feet. she is really good at walking on her knees. I don't think I have ever seen a baby knee walk as an alternative to regular walking. of course my child would be different. Her new favorite thing is dancing and clapping. In the van or in the house she bebops to the music.

Lorelei is all about showing us where her belly button is now. My kids sit on the floor looking at each other's belly buttons. They are sitting nicely and getting along so I let them bond. It won't last long. They will be back to tormenting one another shortly.

Did you know that your belly button is your first scar?

Inigo brought me a potato last night. We were in bed when I heard him trot in. This isn't unusual since he comes in every night once he is ready for bed. I was caught off guard when I heard a giant thunk. That was the potato hitting the hard wood floor. Guess he is not getting enough starch in his diet. I took the potato away. You never seen a pug look so stricken. He recovered fast. He is a little trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment