Friday, July 4, 2008

Cream of Wheaty Joy!

When I was a kid I loved brown sugar instant cream of wheat. It is really hard to find. I haven't seen it in years upon decades. Last night I went grocery shopping and there it was on the top shelf of the cereal aisle. My week was made. I had to stop myself from putting more than two boxes in the cart. Will power is tough.

Speaking of will power, my weight loss efforts are going great. Had a glitch when the family came to visit. I was cooking so much good southern food while playing good hostess that I tacked back on two extra pounds. If you have ever watched Paula Deen cook you know what I mean about good southern food. If I lived anywhere near her I think I would resemble little Violet Beauregard after she became the giant blueberry. (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference for any of you that are completely lost by that statement)I know only two pounds isn't a lot to gripe about but when you have about 50 to go it means a lot! Been keeping at the belly dancing and start my new class on the 16Th. Also started using pilates to tone up.

Today I had grand plans but kinked my lower back so no can do now. I have lordosis so these episodes happen from time to time. Everything has to be put on hold so I can have some hope of walking upright again. So I am off to the recliner for some one on one time with the remote control.

Here is a definition of the condition:
Lordosis (commonly referred to as swayback, saddle back, or hyper-lordosis) is a medical term used to describe an inward curvature of a portion of the vertebral column.[1] Two segments of the vertebral column, namely cervical and lumbar, are normally lordotic, that is, they are set in a curve that has its convexity anteriorly (the front) and concavity posteriorly (behind), in the context of human anatomy. When referring to the anatomy of other mammals, the direction of the curve is termed ventral. Curvature in the opposite direction, that is, apex posteriorly (humans) or dorsally (mammals) is termed kyphosis. Some animals (notably horses) have naturally concave, lordotic backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment