Friday, July 11, 2008

As close to the beach as I am getting.

Mom and I have been on the south beach diet for almost a week now. We are in phase one which is the limited part when it comes to what you can eat. Not very restricting just no bread or flour products of any type. No fruits, potatoes, cereal, etc. I have lost 6 pounds in four days. Not going to hear any complaints out of me. Bread beware! J so loves to tempt me too. Today it was with soapapillas dripping in honey. Oh I almost bailed off the speeding wagon for that one. Sweets are such a vice for me. What I like about this diet is that it is not a diet in the traditional sense. I don't do the miracle whatever, drop the weight and have to start all over in a few months.
South beach is all about learning how to eat smart and creating a new lifestyle for yourself.

Enough of that. Has anyone else noticed that it is freaking hot?! I live in the Midwest, it supposed to be cooler than Texas here. If I did not know better I would say I was back home in the lone star state. I always hated that saying. The Lone Star State. Makes it sound like we are sad because we only have one star all by itself. The truth is we are just so big the other stars wouldn't fit. And we like it that way.

Motto's and slogans are strange that way. The goldfish crackers kind of worry me with their motto. "Goldfish-The snack that smiles back"
Isn't food having a personality the reason people go vegetarian? Somebody wasn't thinking too clearly on that one.

J and I are going on a date tonight to the movies to see Hell Boy 2: The Golden Army. Yay kid less for a whole two hours! Supposedly we are under a severe weather warning but it is bright and sunny outside. Scratch that, the wind just kicked up. Too Bad!! I am going out with my hubby and no kids come hell or high winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment