Thursday, May 7, 2009

Walk my way unless your name is Inigo; HE needs to stay in the dang yard!

Look who is off and (trying) to walk! Little Miss Lorelei! She is not so fond of the grass. The first time she felt it on her bare feet was awful. She has warmed up to it since then. As long as she is moving it is okay. Sit her down and her mood deteriorates rapidly. Rory was the same way at her age. He is all about getting in the grass now. Anything to get filthy from head to toe he is down for.
Last night as I began setting out pots and pans to cook dinner my cell phone rang. It was the Home Again pet people. "I have a lady on the phone who has your dog." I was a bit surprised. To my knowledge I had my dog. Apparently I was mistaken. Sure enough Inigo was down the road on his back getting a tummy rub in this woman's driveway. She had spotted him in her rear view mirror chasing her SUV. Pugs - all energy, no common sense. He saw me and just kind of looked like "Oh hey Mom. Where did you come from?" This is why I spent the extra $13 to get him the fancy engraved tag for his collar with his name and ID#. It has a big Home Again logo on the opposite side. To me this says, "I get around. My owner is confident I will disappear on her more than once."
This was taken about 8:45 last night. He looks bushed. Lorelei was eating cheerios out of a tupperware bowl not even a foot from him. He didn't even try to sniff them. Those neighborhood adventures take a lot out of a pooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment