Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy I am not a bed bug.


I have been watching the new TV program "Monsters Inside Me" about parasites. There are more parasites than any other organism on the planet. Freaky huh? Last night I learned why I am so happy I am not a bed bug. The mating of bed bugs is just wrong. The male jumps on the female and spears her through the back with his...um, I think you get the picture. It is called traumatic insemination. Awful stuff there. Another thing I have learned is that if you go to the hospital for an illness but are not satisfied with the diagnosis, speak up! Almost every person on this show was given two wrong diagnosis before they real problem was identified. I felt really sorry for the man with the five bot flies in his head. People thought he was crazy when he told them that he could feel his sores moving. It is a very interesting program but it is making me more paranoid. J is not allowed to watch it. He would seal us in the house after five minutes of viewing. The bed bugs would have had his skin crawling.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen that show advertised and it seems just like the disturbingly interesting shows I can really get into but it seems to be on too close to bedtime for me. Moving fly "sores" are not the kind of thing I want in my head (bad wording yes) before bed. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I record them on my DVR. Lets me watch them whenever I get the chance. I don't want Rory to see it, J refuses to even speak about it, so I have no choice but to watch it late at night. Then I also watch movies like Aliens at 3 AM and then sleep like the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I've watched it before and I am super paranoid when I eat meat now. I always check to see if there is anything odd about the meat I am eating. It's so disturbing and life altering!

    ReplyDelete