Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stay outta the water, shark bait!

I have a healthy respect for sharks. The ocean is theirs as far as I am concerned. I am happy to let them have it. Truthfully I am not a fan of any body of water that is not in my shower. I am all about terra firma. If you hear I drowned in a lake/pond/ocean/etc., or was eaten by a shark/alligator/croc, then suspect foul play. I love nature and living by the woods but I am not going hiking. If my house is right up next to said forrest then I won't be surprised when a bear or mountain lion eats me. Since I obviously am of the mind that the only thing guaranteed with animals is that they will follow their instinct you can bet I try to stay out of sight, out of mind. This brings me to a boy named Shannon Ainslie.


Don't know if you have heard of him but he was attacked while surfing by not one but two great white sharks. There have been to more near misses with great whites since that attack. That is four, count hem, four times a great white has tried to dine on him. Does he still surf? Heck yeah! He is a very christian fellow and I admire his faith in God to protect but dancing with trains is never smart. This is not exactly Daniel in the lions den when a christian is being persecuted and thrown to certain death with God's divine intervention to save him. I want to know why this kid is so tasty. Each of the three different attacks was in different locations. Scientist think he might have a higher electromagnetic field than the rest of us. Or it could be that he pees like six times each time he surfs giving the sharks a healthy whiff of dinner.

If I was this kid's Mom I think I would move him to somewhere safer, like Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment