Saturday, April 14, 2007

Self Improvement

I suppose I have to congratulate myself on doing a better job around the house but I still feel like I am under achieving. My goals are so much higher than the minimal work I put out there. I know what my problems are. They say that is the first step in bettering yourself. I sleep too much so that I only have a small amount of time to get the housework done. Rory is fairly good at night now, even though he still has a few nocturnal foibles. I really have no excuse for napping in the day other than pure laziness. Lord knows I am very lazy if I think I can get away with it. Well no more!
Goal # 1
I really want to lose weight. I have a wedding to attend in June. I do not want all the pictures to reflect how I look now. Well the diet fairy is not going to come scrape the pounds off. I have to start telling myself to quit complaining about food and weight and do the work! What a novel idea. Speaking of novels...
Goal # 2
...mine is not going to write itself. I have seven chapters written but each time I go back to it I feel like I need to revamp what I have already done. Got to stop that. Plenty of time to get the trusty red pen out and bleed all over it when it is finished. Not like I have a deadline here. I love writing my story. The characters seem so real to me and I genuinely want to tell "their" story. Note to the reader: characters are work of fiction and not corporeal except in my own little reality.
Goal #3
$$$$! Must spend less. I am not spending the grocery money on shoes or anything but I still need to stick to a budget. I tend to be a bit carefree with the cash. Plus the things I buy on a whim just end up junk in no time at all.

I think I will leave it at that for now. No need to write EVERY flaw I have.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you put your goals out there for everyone to see! Now I will be hounding you to see how far you have gotten on the book because I can't wait to read it! I'm with you on the other two "flaws" too...I would love to learn how to not spend money on things I don't need!

    ReplyDelete